Statistics and research release
Gambling industry statistics from Serbia will be published by JAKTA association twice a year (in February and December) and will provide the latest information on each sector regulated by the Republic of Serbia, Ministry of Finance, Gaming Authority.
The latest statistics cover the period between January – December 2019/GGY, GGR/ – February 2021/ numbers of licensed operators and premises.
Industry Statistics report on the size and shape of the gambling industry in Republic of Serbia.
This report provides an overview of Gross Gambling Yield (GGY) by sector, along with the numbers of licensed operators and premises. It is based on data reported to Serbian Business Registers Agency (SBRA) and Republic of Serbia, Ministry of Finance, Gaming Authority by the operators with license.
Please note that a change in regulations were in March 2020 with bylaws comes into force from 11/07/2021. This publication includes the financial year of data submitted for 2019.
Land based sections of the industry were forced to stop trading due to Covid-19 restrictions from April 02nd 2020, during the State of Emergence. Following restrictions were shortening the working hours – still in force.
An accompanying data file has more detail, including historical data back to 2009.
- 785 million eur is total GGR of all gambling operators in 2019 (71% increase from 2018)
- 65 million Eur is is total net earnings of all gambling operators in 2019 (91% increase from 2018)
- 5022 Is the number of linenced gambling premises in Serbia (10% increase from June 2020)
- 12715 Is the number of direct employees in 2019 in gambling sector (increase 19% from 2018)
- 69 Companies have a license to organize games of chance (1 less than 2019; 3 companies companies went out of business, 2 companies received licences )
- 20 Companies are operating with online gaming license (100% increase from the past year)
- 20 Companies are operating with betting gaming license
- 62 Companies are operating with slot gaming license
- 8 Companies are operating with slot, betting and online gaming license
For Details, please contact us.
We intend to publish the next industry statistics in June 2021.
This includes State Lottery